Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Opening Day (Originally Posted 3/31)

This season I have partnered with TiqIQ to bring you ‘81 days in 203’, a series of articles breaking down the life of a super fan. ’81 days in 203’ articles will be featured on various Yankees blogs within the TiqiQ network of blogs and will be posted throughout the 2013 season. Remember, for the best deals on not only New York Yankees tickets, but all MLB tickets, visit TiqIQ.com.



I sit down and write this on the eve of another opening day. I'm feeling a bit anxious, so I figured this would be a great way to kick off my new blog for 2013. 

I'm feeling anxious because of the start of a new year, and the uncertainty that lies ahead. There are so many question marks that surround this team, and we haven't even played a game yet! If you are remotely in touch with Yankees Universe (and if you weren't, you wouldn't be reading this blog) I am sure you are aware that, as a whole, fan confidence going into opening day isn't exactly off the charts.

Except in one place. My house. 

Sure, we're pretty banged up right now (already). And our guys are no spring chickens. To top it off, all of our spring pick-ups have come from someone else's trash bin. But that's OK. I still have faith in the team the Yanks put on the field.

Is it because I "have to"? Probably somewhat.

But I honestly believe we have just a good as a shot as anybody to not only win a lot of games but once again return to the post season. This is why no champions are crowned in April (or May, June or July). Everyone who loves baseball so much always seems to forget how long of a season this is. Sure, April and May can be tough. But staying close in the division for the first half, when some of our (hopefully) missing pieces return at full strength and bring us through the home stretch, is what is going to take this team through the summer

I'm hoping that the "NY scene" and playing for The Yankees does for Vernon Wells this year what it did for Ichiro last year. I hope that Jeter comes back sooner than later, and leads this team not only on the field but in the clubhouse. I'm hoping Tex doesn't need surgery and that the rest of the Yankee fan base has a reason to *finally* put the past behind us and cheer for Youkilis. 

Yes, I do realize those are quite a few hopefullys. But that is what you have to have this time of year, right? A little bit of hope?

I do have one more hope, however. I hope you guys (and gals) who have been following along all of these years (and I thank you for your continued support profusely) come out and join us in the Bleachers in 2013. You know we have a great time out there, and Yankee Tickets are always easy to come by (if you need help, keep following along as I'm always posting the best deals for each upcoming home stand). 

See you on the Ave

BV

No comments:

Post a Comment